Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its objective is the harmonious re-establishment of the body's bioenergetic functions. As a whole, it is applied to the individual by stimulating the body's own repair and adaptation mechanisms.
The acupuncturist establishes a treatment plan based on observations and collected data. They then proceed with application through stimulation of certain areas of the skin, primarily by using needles but also through other instruments or techniques.
Acupuncture is therefore a curative and preventative approach, used alone or in addition to conventional medicine.
This technique treats and prevents numerous health disorders such as migraines, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, palpitations, etc.
Would you like to try acupuncture? Contact us, or even better, come pay us a visit! Our team of professionals will help you discover all the benefits of this age-old technique!
Examples of health disorders treated by acupuncture (non-exhaustive list)
- General: anxiety, migraines, insomnia, fatigue, stress;
- Respiratory: asthma, seasonal allergies, cold and flu, bronchitis, emphysema;
- Circulatory: Hypo/hypertension, edema, varicose veins, palpitations;
- Digestive: nausea, constipation, diarrhea, colitis, intestinal inflammation;
- Post-surgery: following chemotherapy, surgery or anesthesia; slow wound healing;
- Musculoskeletal: sciatic, sprain, lower back pain, stiffness of the neck, carpal tunnel, tendinitis;
- Reproductive: menstrual, prostate or fertility disorders; vaginitis, endometriosis, following pregnancy and post-partum;
- Urinary: cystitis, incontinence, difficult urinating;
- Skin: eczema, hives, acne, psoriasis, shingles;
- Endocrine: hypo/hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia, lactation, menopause;
Through its physiological functions, acupuncture is also preventative. So periods of high stress, certain seasonal changes or when the body shows signs of fragility are all appropriate times to receive treatments. Acupuncture can prevent mood swings, cold and flu, sleep disruptions, recurring infections, headaches, lower back pain, etc. The more recent an infection, the more the treatment will be fast and effective.
Reinforce the immune system and face the seasons
We can take advantage of seasonal changes to coordinate regular acupuncture visits. This way, we are acting preventively. The acupuncturist can help us detect balances, reinforce the immune system and correct the situation before the illness arises.