ACUPUNCTURE CENTER ON THE PLATEAU MONT-ROYAL
Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its objective is to restore the body's bioenergetic functions harmoniously. The therapy acts on a person as a whole by stimulating the body's repair and adaptation mechanisms.
The acupuncturist first establishes a treatment plan based on observations and collected data. He then starts the treatment by stimulating specific areas of the skin using needles mainly, but he may also use various other tools or techniques.
Acupuncture is, therefore, a curative and preventive therapy, which can be used on its own or as a complement to conventional medicine.
Acupuncture can treat and prevent a variety of health problems such as migraine, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, palpitations, etc.
Would you like to try acupuncture? Contact us or, better yet, visit us at our centre! Our team of skilled professionals will be delighted to show you all the benefits of this centuries-old treatment!
Acupuncture is a form of preventive treatment as it aims at regulating physiological functions. Therefore, periods of high stress, seasonal changes or when the body shows signs of fragility, are privileged moments to receive treatments. Acupuncture can prevent various health issues like mood swings, flu and colds, sleep disturbances, repeated infections, headaches, back pain, etc. The more recent a condition is, the faster and more effective the treatment will be.
BOOSTING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AND ACTION OVER TIME
We can take advantage of the changing seasons to schedule regular acupuncture visits. Thus, we will be acting in a preventive way. The acupuncturist can help us detect imbalances, boost the immune system and address the situation before the disease arises.
Dr. Khadija Benabdallah Ph.D., Acupuncturist and a member of the Ordre des Acupuncteurs du Québec, is the person in charge of the treatment.
SOME EXAMPLES OF HEALTH DISEASES THAT ARE TREATED BY ACUPUNCTURE (NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST)
- General: anxiety, migraine, insomnia, fatigue, stress;
- Respiratory: asthma, seasonal allergies, flu and colds, sinusitis, bronchitis, emphysema;
- Circulatory: hypo/hypertension, edema, varicose veins, palpitations;
- Digestive: nausea, constipation, diarrhea, colitis, intestinal inflammation;
- Post procedures: following chemotherapy, surgery or anesthesia; slow healing;
- Musculoskeletal: sciatica, sprain, low back pain, torticollis, carpal tunnel, tendonitis;
- Reproductive: menstrual, prostate or fertility disorders; vaginitis, endometriosis, pregnancy and postpartum follow-up;
- Urinary: cystitis, incontinence, difficulty urinating;
- Skin: eczema, hives, acne, psoriasis, shingles;
- Endocrine: hypo/hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia, lactation, menopause;
ACUPUNCTURE FOR SKIN AND FACE CARE
Acupuncture is effective in treating skin problems such as acne, eczema, excessively oily skin, rosacea, etc. Skin care requires appropriate equipment (special needles), which make treatment more comfortable.
Cosmetic acupuncture prevents and reduces the effect of age on the facial skin. It regulates the circulation of Energy, Blood and Organic Liquids throughout the body; by converging the Energy towards the face, it stimulates the production of collagen, improves tonicity, reduces wrinkles, evens out the complexion, smoothes out imperfections and reduces dark circles and bags under the eyes.
A session lasts between 60 and 75 minutes; the number of sessions required varies according to the overall health and face condition. In most cases, an improvement is observed from the first treatment.